Monday, September 6, 2010

The compared.

In my mind, I am disputed. It's three days to deadline and I am still at a quarter of where I should have been. this post comes at a juncture where I decide the distance from which I shall compare henceforth.

In school, there were prefects and there were perfects. I was neither. This day comes to me as a rather disconnect from my visions of a comparative past. They led lives of discipline and their intelligence dictated their course of events. My life sought solace and richness, I wanted the colours to mean something and today, strangely enough, I feel satisfied.

They aced their skimming tests and were induced into a system of tailored finishes. I on the other hand was left looking beyond my reach and a melancholic tune overwhelmed me everytime. Today, I am confident that I have made a life valuable to my quest, I am not a poet nor a painter. I am what was made of me.
I did not grant myself an option of strict achievement, I only led a belief of appreciation towards the gift of life. I may have been terribly wrong, or I may have tailored a smile for the years to come.

A man should look for what is, not for what he thinks should be. - Albert Einstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment