Wednesday, June 17, 2009

So Close, yet so far!

I promised myself that this new wave of blogs, that i plan to unleash with fury on the connected world will truly and faithfully uphold sarcasm, coldness, dark humor and desirable secrets. It has been a while since i last wrote, and the 7 i scored on the IELTS writing test asserts my fervour's demise. It isn't the edge, as much as the blade. I sharpen my fangs though, to dig in to the most exciting part of my life yet. there is joy, the ocassional outburst of emotions, anger, hatred, slyness and most of all an utter blurness in memory and disregard for punctuality.

This night was supposed to mean the beginning of the end of a reputed miser's run to save face. the night was planned amongst family, associates of this utterly upheld utopia- blood. relatives can be nice, relatives can be intrusive, exceptional though is quite another thing. I have the latter for company as I imagine how it might begin, 'so how long do you plan on staying in town?'
(i expect another invitation in another place where t-shirts are frowned upon) .*snap* i get out of it, I have to get out of it. the telephone invitation was real sly too, he called once on a weekday afternoon (i imagine how partners of a fortune 500 would react speaking to family in full ear of his peers...English is the chosen medium) So, I would like for you to join me and the rest of our cousins for a night on the town. i say okay, i can't deny when i know there is more i can milk out of him, psycotropically ofcourse. hush. When new money talks, you better listen. I ask him, where are you hosting it? He assures me with a-matter-of-fact concern the name of the most exclusive club in town, with black ties and everything. i ask him - collared shits? he sighs. i say bye.

the next moment, the phone rings again only this time, i hope hes calling to ask if we would like to go somewhere else, and he mentions quite certain with himself, i would appreciate if you co-ordinated with the others and managed to get there on time. *BAM* MotherF*cker. if i translate that in bloodlines, that pretty much means, you drive, so pick them up and get them there. i do not have spare cars nor the time.

Hurt though not, battered yes. my sister is a fuel-to-the-fire personality. ignored as well, the loss of invitation sure hit this social being hard. i knew that she would refuse, but just amused myself over a brief call to her, before finally deciding to not be a scapegoat in their we-all-cousins attitude of chauffeur recruitment. 'so heard you didn't get in?' clearly, to evoke a response of terrific adulation once she said, f*ck u, i wouldn't have gone. haha, i have you cornered now, but as it is, she is my sister. wickedness and wild are our middle names. She retorts back with a cool, so do you have to take all the rest there?
*DAMN* well, er...there it was. The 'other two' (one new addition, and the other, the oldest coldest of all of us) were the main reason for such a dinner. It was meant for the newly-weds who needed that family feel just to honour their return tickets to out-of-here. Such cruelty does not become. My younger rhetorical whimsical whacky partner-in-crime is my other sister, any social family gathering would have us in a corner with echoing giggles of ghastly gore, involving our deepest desires to fry, cut, chop, burn, or just beat to death with bare hands. hence it was cousins night, the fortune 500 fuck, the wife (similar, sweeter though somehow), their son (an act of god nonetheless), the other two, another sad pitiful thing, me and my chiller sister (counting out the black sheep already left out of the picture, the fuel-to-the-fire one). the sad cousin called to confirm his ride with the family's new found chauffeur (i still hadn't rsvp'd my dissent), i spoke to him for a while only to reassure myself of what a crime i had committed, by opening the floodgates. it would have washed medha patkar of her hunger-stricken ass. He went on and on about how he didn't get any, and that i should get him some. Wow. Pimp and Chauffeur in the same day. Mother, i think when you said i was determined for bigger things, you did not imply on which side of society's big fat line would i be on! anyway, Chiller calls me right after the sad conversation, only to confirm whether i had confirmed to say no. I say yes at the drop of this hat. My reason was a unique but a common case of common cold, with the dash of fever and the twist of weakness. Chiller took my cue and brought in her examinations. bless her. the day moved on and its 3am, I just met the eldest member of our family online. (I should have never agreed to adding family on instant messaging) He knew about us passing, and he knew about my cold. but oddly enough, he mentioned more opportunities for me, better ones! I have a crazy world that i peek into, only to have it peeking back at me. Naughty and Nefarious, i love my life.


1 comment:

  1. you broke ur promise paul.... (sarcasm,dark humour, coldness and desirable secrets?) - all in there...

    ReplyDelete